– EventHorizon 2018 from April 17 – 19 at Kraftwerk Berlin
– Hosted by Michael J. Casey, Senior Advisor Digital Currency Initiative, MIT Media Lab
– Keynotes from Sebastian Copeland, Christoph Frei, Tom Dinwoodie, Jules Besnaiou and many more
– 40 pitches of leading energy blockchain Start-Ups including PowerLedger, Electron and Riddle & Code
– Diverse 3-day-program with panel sessions, investor talks, corporate pitches, deep dive sessions and an award ceremony
After a successful premiere last year in Vienna, EventHorizon was honored with two awards for its innovative event design. The second edition takes place from April 17 – 19, 2018 at Kraftwerk Berlin. U.S. blockchain expert Michael J. Casey, Senior Advisor of the Digital Currency Initiative of MIT Media Lab, will host the event.
EventHorizon brings visionaries and leading experts of different fields together, hence attendees can expect a powerful melting pot of diverse perspectives and innovations. The event will be bolstered by informative content regarding the transformation of corporations and utilities, regulatory considerations, investment strategies, security, energy access, climate change and 100% renewables.
– Sebastian Copeland, named last year as one of the 25 most adventurous men of the past 25 years by Men’s Journal, polar explorer and environmental activist, will report from the front lines of climate change
– Christoph Frei, secretary general and CEO of the World Energy Council and a member of Energy Web Foundation’s leadership council, will talk about the future of decentralized energy
– Tom Dinwoodie, a solar industry veteran, cleantech investor, and lead independent trustee of energy think-and-do tank Rocky Mountain Institute, will reflect on blockchain, climate change, and prospects for limiting warming to 1.5C.
– Jules Besnainou, Director Cleantech Group, will provide an overview of current state of the market and what has happened since the first edition of EventHorizon
Sebastian Copeland, polar explorer and environmental activist: “EventHorizon plays to the narrative of bringing all hands on deck to work towards a better, more sustainable tomorrow on planet earth.“
Dr. Christoph Frei, Secretary General of the World Energy Council, commented: “The Council’s 2018 Issues Monitor survey shows that blockchain is the number one issue keeping 3000 energy leaders from 91 countries awake at night, and is key to unlocking the full potential of decentralized energy.”
Panel Sessions, Talks & Corporate Pitches
Over 30 international experts will share their knowledge in panel sessions, investor talks and corporate pitches:
– Gavin Wood, Founder Parity, Co-Founder and former CTO Ethereum
– Eva Kaili, member of the European Parliament and chair of its Science and Technology Options Assessment body
– Jeffrey Char, Director Corporate Venture Capital TEPCO
– Ramona Liberoff, COO of Innogy’s Innovation Hub
– Ewald Hesse, CEO and Co-Founder Grid Singularity and Vice President Energy Web Foundation
– Martin Frick, Senior Director for Policy and Programme Coordination UNFCC
– Sam Warburton, Managing Director and founder of Conjoule
– Benjamin Schott, Director of Business Innovation Sonnen GMBH
For the first time, leading energy blockchain startups from all around the world will be united in one place at EventHorizon. 40 Start-Ups will share their business models, use cases and projects in 20-minute pitches on April 18. Other 10 can be visited at their light cube in the expo area. Pitching amongst others:
– Christoph Jentzsch, Gründer und CEO Slock-IT
– Jojo Hubbard, COO und Co-Founder Electron
– Meagan Cojocar, Analyst PowerLedger
– Alvaro Mier, CCO Riddle & Code
EventHorizon gives every Start-Up the chance to meet relevant investors, colleagues and the community at the conference. Start-Ups, academia and developers can apply for greatly discounted tickets online.
Deep Dive Sessions
On the second day, April 18, experts in their respective fields create a great and intimate setting for a highly interactive know-how sharing and let the attendees dive deep into specific topics. The attendees can choose from three different tracks: “Corporate Track”, “Dev Track Rookie” and “Dev Track Pro”. In 1,15h workshops core topics for both corporates and developers will be discussed in small groups.
As the highlight of the third day, April 19, the “Top of the Horizon” will be awarded in a ceremony. All of the attendees can vote for their “Favorite Start-Up” and their “Favorite Corporate Pitch” in the personalized event “navigator”. The “navigator” is a browser-based event “app” which contains information about the agenda, virtual business cards of the attendees and works as a messaging tool.
See the complete agenda at https://eventhorizon2018.com/agenda/
Tickets can be purchased immediately at www.eventhorizon2018.com
Accreditations for media representatives, interviews with speakers, organizers and Start-Ups, as well as information about ticket packages are available upon request.
EventHorizon – Global Summit on Blockchain Technology in the Energy Sector – is the one exclusive annual event centered on energy blockchain solutions for a future based solely on renewable resources. It is a game-changing platform for the development of a customer focused, fair energy future. Once a year, EventHorizon unites the Who’s Who of both the traditional energy and innovative Blockchain sectors. The 2018 motto “Flip the switch & turn on the power of tomorrow. Today!” calls for a paradigm change and takes guests on a unique “journey” into the future of the industry.
Contact for press inquiries:
Phone: +43 664 887 18 999