Four Day Summit to Feature 200+ Speakers, 40+ Sessions on 9/5-8 in D.C.
WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--#5G--U.S. Army Gen. Paul M. Nakasone, Commander, United States Cyber Command, Director, National Security Agency/Chief, Central Security Service, will participate in the opening fireside chat to kick off the 14th Annual Billington CyberSecurity Summit being held September 5-8, 2023 at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C. Drawing on more than five years leading CYBERCOM and the NSA, Gen. Nakasone will provide his perspectives on where the cyber threat is—now and in the future, and how the U.S. collaborates to reduce cyber risks.
“We are very honored to have General Nakasone join us to share his extensive insights about the NSA’s important work in defending the nation against cyberattacks,” explained Thomas K. Billington, CEO and Founder, Billington CyberSecurity, a leading cyber education company for executives founded in 2010. “General Nakasone, dual-hatted as the head of NSA and U.S. Cyber Command, is an incredible leader, and we are thrilled he has chosen our summit to forge industry and government partnerships both in the U.S. and among our allied partners.”
Nakasone’s chat is timely as the U.S. continues to face unparalleled threats in defending the nation in cyberspace. The nation has to apply its unique intelligence capabilities to understand and deter these threats. CYBERCOM and the NSA have a huge responsibility to support policymakers and help enable, protect, and defend the U.S. military.
This year’s event— which is expected to draw nearly 2,000 attendees and over 200 speakers—will explore topics related to this year’s theme: Advancing Cybersecurity's Impact in an Age of Heightened Risk. Speakers span government, military, nonprofits, industry, and academia and discuss the hottest cyber trends and issues during more than 40 sessions. Fireside chats—one-on-one interviews—are scheduled throughout the summit. In addition to General Nakasone, other moderated fireside chats will take place with these leaders:
- Hon. Avril Haines, Director of National Intelligence
- Hon. Anne Neuberger, Deputy National Security Advisor for Cyber and Emerging Technology, Office of the National Security Advisor [ONSA], Executive Office of the President [EOP]
- Lt. Gen. Robert Skinner, Director, DISA, Commander, JFHQ-DODIN
- Hon. John Sherman, CIO, U.S. Department of Defense
- Ambassador-at-Large Nathaniel Fick, Bureau of Cyberspace and Digital Policy, U.S. Department of State
In addition to fireside chats, the four-day event designed to address the nation’s pressing cyber needs includes panel discussions, breakout sessions, and awards. The summit has five tracks: Zero Trust & Data, Critical Infrastructure, Zero Trust & Identity, Cyber Workforce, and Emerging Tech and includes topics such as:
- Implementing the White House Cyber Strategy
- Executing Zero Trust across the DOD and Federal Civilian Agencies
- The Role of Upcoming Legislation in Cybersecurity
- International Cybersecurity Partnerships
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Protecting Our Healthcare, Energy Grid and State/Local/Tribal Cyber Systems
Attendees can receive continuing education credit from CompTIA and (ISC)2. Learn more or register at https://billingtoncybersummit.com/. Government and military free until 7/1. Presented by over 70 sponsors, led by Lead Underwriters: Amazon Web Services, CISCO, Raytheon Intelligence & Space, Knowledge Partner Booz Allen, Cyber Innovation Partner Leidos, Cyber Strategy Partner GDIT, Identity and Zero Trust Partner Microsoft, and Government IT Solutions Partner Carahsoft Technology Corp.
Billington CyberSecurity, 703-554-3609