DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global B2B e-Commerce Market, Marketplaces and Payments 2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Expansion of B2B e-Commerce Platforms is Projected to Drive the Growth of B2B Marketplaces and Payments Market Between 2020 and 2025
This publication provides comprehensive insights into the changing buyer expectations and other trends around the B2B e-Commerce market. The report also reveals the payment methods that are expected to gain importance in the future as well as gives information about the leading B2B e-Commerce marketplaces worldwide.
The growth of third-party marketplaces such as Amazon Business along with new payment methods such as wire transfers, and virtual cards is changing the landscape of the B2B e-Commerce market
The B2B e-Commerce market is forecasted to see notable growth through 2027. Spurred by the pandemic, the share of online purchases among B2B buyers is increasing worldwide. With this expansion taking place, companies are accepting new forms of B2B payments.
Financial institutions and banks, as well as B2B buyers and sellers are slowly inclining towards more technologically advanced payment methods such as virtual cards, wire transfers, buy now pay later as well as cryptocurrencies, as highlighted in report.
The transaction value of virtual cards is forecasted to witness a significant CAGR between 2021 and 2026, thereby becoming a popular B2B payment method. Commercial cards such as virtual cards, corporate cards, and plastic purchasing cards are also anticipated to maintain a continuous growth in Latin America between 2021 and 2026.
Not only is the B2B payment ecosystem undergoing a change but also the B2B e-Commerce marketplaces across various regions have started gaining momentum, with Amazon.com extending its capabilities to the B2B market after launching its subsidiary - Amazon Business in 2015, which focusses on the needs of the B2B market. With an increasing adoption of third-party marketplaces in the U.S. in 2021, Amazon business was the most preferred marketplace amongst B2B sellers to sell goods and services on, followed by eBay, Walmart, and Alibaba.
Additionally, Amazon business is among the most utilized digital marketplaces by small and medium enterprises worldwide. The share of B2B e-Commerce sales coming via marketplaces is forecasted to rise worldwide, with Amazon Business also holding a notable amount of share in the U.S. market by 2025, as mentioned in the report.
Various other B2B e-Commerce marketplaces are seen mushrooming worldwide
With the share of B2B e-Commerce sales coming via marketplaces set to increase between 2020 and 2025, several other B2B e-Commerce marketplaces are seen connecting the B2B buyers and sellers worldwide. Globally, almost a quarter of B2B buyers used marketplaces to place an order as of August 2021.
Although Amazon Business happens to hold a strong position as a digital B2B marketplace in several regions of the world, it is still yet to make its presence felt in the Asia-Pacific region, where China-based Alibaba dominates B2B e-Commerce marketplace sales, followed by DHGate.com and TradeIndia. Other regions, such as Latin America and MENA, witnessed a growth of several startups within the B2B e-Commerce market.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the forecasted B2B payment market value globally by 2028?
- What are the top payment options that firms plan to make more available in the next 12 months?
- What were the most commonly used channels among B2B buyers worldwide to place an order in 2021?
- What are the expected B2B e-Commerce trends worldwide in 2022?
- What is the forecasted growth of B2B e-Commerce sales coming via marketplaces by 2025?
- What were the challenges encountered by the B2B buyers worldwide during the buying process in 2021?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Global Developments
- B2B e-Commerce Market, Marketplaces, and Payments Overview and Trends, August 2022
- Share of B2B Purchases Made Online vs. Offline, by Before the Pandemic and After the Pandemic, in % of B2B Buyers, August 2021
- Share of B2B Buyers Using Online vs. Offline Channels, by Type of Purchase, in % of B2B Buyers, August 2021
- Channels Used Most Frequently to Place an Order, in % of B2B Buyers, August 2021
- Breakdown of Channels Preferred to Conduct Research Before Buying, in % of B2B Buyers, February 2021
- Use of Online Channels for Research During Different Stages of the Purchasing Process, in % of B2B Buyers, August 2021
- Most Important Information that B2B Buyers Search Online Before Going to a Physical Store, in % of B2B Buyers, February 2021
- Factors Considered When Choosing a B2B e-Commerce Site, in % of B2B Buyers, 2021
- Breakdown of B2B Website Traffic, by Desktop and Mobile, in %, December 2021
- Share of B2B Interactions Between Buyers and Sellers, by Channels, in %, 2025f
- Share of B2B Buyers Who Switched Suppliers in the Past, in %, 2021e
- Top 3 Aspects to Improve Buyer Experience, in % of B2B Buyers, February 2021
- Share of B2B Buyers Who Faced Customer Experience Challenge During the Buying Process, in %, August 2021
- Challenges Faced by B2B Buyers During the Buying Process, in % of B2B Buyers, August 2021
- Top 5 Challenges That B2B Buyers Face During Researching Purchases, in % of B2B Buyers, 2020 & 2021
- Priorities for B2B e-Commerce Technology Investment, in % of B2B Sellers, 2021e
- Top B2B e-Commerce Trends for 2022 According to B2B Specialists, in % of Respondents, December 2021
- Top B2B e-Commerce Technology Investments for 2022 According to B2B Specialists, in % of Respondents, 2022e
- Preferred Online Channels for Purchase, in % of B2B buyers, February 2021
- B2B e-Commerce Sales via Marketplaces, in USD trillion, 2020 & 2025f
- Share of B2B e-Commerce Sales Made via Marketplaces, in %, 2020 & 2025f
- Share of B2B Companies That Have Built Their Own Marketplace vs Share of B2B Companies That Will Never Consider Building Their Own Marketplace, in % of B2B Companies, December 2021
- Amazon Business B2B e-Commerce Marketplace Profile, August 2022
- Alibaba B2B e-Commerce Marketplace Profile, August 2022
- Mercateo B2B e-Commerce Marketplace Profile, August 2022
- Top Payment Options Demanded by B2B Buyers, in % of B2B Buyers, 2021
- Total Payment Revenue, by Type, in USD trillion, 2020, 2025f, & 2030f
- Wholesale Payments Revenue, in USD billion, and Breakdown by Primary and Secondary, in %, 2020, 2025f, & 2030f
- Cross-Border Payment Transaction Value, by B2B, B2C, C2B and C2C, in USD trillion, 2020-2022f
- Transaction Value of Cross-Border B2B Payments, in USD trillion, 2021 & 2026f
- Share of Wire Transfer Payments, in % of Cross-Border B2B e-Commerce Transaction Value, 2021 & 2026f
- Top Payment Options That Corporates Would Plan to Increase Using in the Next 12 Months, in % of Firms, July 2021
- Top Digital Solutions That Financial Institutions Offer to Their Corporate Clients, in % of Financial Institutions, 2021
- Top Problem Areas for B2B Clients When Making Payments to Their Suppliers According to Financial Institutions, in % of Financial Institutions, 2021
- Top Accounts Payable Challenges Experienced When Paying Vendors, in % Business Respondents, July 2021
- Top Accounts Receivable Challenges Experienced When Receiving Payments From Vendors, in % of Business Respondents, July 2021
- Share of Firms Having a High Percentage of Overdue B2B Receivables, by Firm Size, in % of B2B Receivables, 2021e
- Share of Corporate Treasury Respondents for Whom Lack of Technology is a Major Challenge, in %, May 2021
- Top Challenges for Corporate Treasury Respondents Related to Implementing New Technology, in % of Respondents, May 2021
- Share of B2B Firms That Reported Serious Payment Fraud, in %, July 2021
- Share of Corporates That Indicate B2B Payment Solutions Are Very Important for Bank Selection, in %, 2021
- Share of Financial Institutions That Allow Their B2B Customers to Use Selected Digital Currencies, in %, 2021e
- Share of Financial Institutions That Plan to Expand And Provide Access to Cryptocurrency, in %, 2022e
- Overview of Selected B2B e-Commerce Marketplaces, July 2022
4. North America
- Overview of Selected B2B e-Commerce Marketplaces, July 2022
- Overview of Selected B2B e-Commerce Marketplaces, August 2022
- B2B e-Commerce Sales, in USD billion, and Y-O-Y Change, in %, 2021-2025f
- Breakdown of Sellers' Expectations of B2B e-Commerce Sales Development In the Next 5 Years, in % of B2B Sellers, 2021
- Share of Enterprises Selling via B2B/B2G e-Commerce, in %, by Country, 2021 (1 of 2)
- Share of Enterprises Selling via B2B/B2G e-Commerce, in %, by Country, 2021 (2 of 2)
6. Latin America
- Commercial Credit Card Spending, in USD billion, by Card Type, 2021-2026f
7. Middle East and Africa
- Overview of Selected B2B e-Commerce Marketplaces in MENA, July 2022
- Selected B2B e-Commerce Marketplaces, incl. Country, Total Funding, in USD million, Number of Products, Retailers and Suppliers, October 2021
- Share of Orders Placed Via B2B e-Commerce Marketplaces, in % of B2B Buyers, January 2021
- Share of Business Executives Who Believed That Businesses Would Use B2B e-Commerce More Often in the Future, in %, January 2021
- Overview of Selected B2B e-Commerce Marketplaces in Africa, July 2022
- Scout Stock
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/k12gqm
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900