DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Europe Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Market 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Digital asset use and adoption is gradually increasing throughout Europe
In the UK a low percentage of surveyed respondents claimed to own cryptocurrency as of March 2022, while also revealing a large gender gap in terms of crypto ownership. Among those who owned cryptocurrency, most of them preferred to own Bitcoin, followed by Bitcoin cash. The share of crypto owners in Germany was only a few percentage points higher compared to the share of crypto curious respondents who planned to invest in crypto in the future as of 2021.
Moreover, among the share of respondents who had already invested or traded in crypto, close to half intended to increase their investments in the next 6 months. Germany witnessed a low gender gap when it came to crypto curious respondents, with more than half of women respondents being crypto curious compared to men.
While a small percentage of respondents in France had already invested in NFTs or cryptocurrency, Bitcoin remained the popular currency among those who had already invested and those who intended to invest in the future, as mentioned in the new report.
Furthermore, compared to 2021, the share of adults in France who became aware of cryptocurrency increased tremendously in 2022. With Bitcoin being the preferred cryptocurrency in Switzerland as of April 2022, more than half of crypto investors were interested in buying and holding crypto.
Europe saw an acceleration in the introduction of tighter regulations relating to crypto
The adoption of cryptocurrency worldwide is increasing gradually, and Europe is no exception to this trend. In H1 2022, more than half of surveyed crypto owners indicated plans to increase their current crypto holdings over the next 12 months, with the population within the age range 18-39 years estimated to be more interested in doing so as compared to older generations. In H1 2022, Bitcoin and Ethereum were among the most favored cryptocurrencies, as spelled out in the new report.
However, the decline in value of the cryptocurrency market worldwide beginning in the spring of 2022 led to the loss of investor enthusiasm and negative asset price movement across Europe as well. With the fall of FTX and the bankruptcy of BlockFi, law makers in Europe came to the consensus to establish licensing and supervision rules as of 2024, as mentioned in the new report. Authorities in the EU were of the view that the new crypto rule book in Europe will enable consumer protection; maintain market integrity as well as financial stability.
Although, the crypto crash impacted cryptocurrency growth worldwide, Europe did not face severe consequences in the aftermath of the fall. In Europe, countries such as Cyprus were most affected by the fall of FTX, while countries such as Germany, Netherlands and France saw limited impact due to the national regulations that saved them from experiencing a severe loss.
1. Which were the most owned cryptocurrencies among crypto owners in Europe as of April 2022?
2. What were the top reasons for people in Europe to not invest in cryptocurrency in H1 2022?
3. Which were the most preferred cryptocurrencies among crypto owners in Switzerland as of April 2022?
4. What were the top reasons for investing in cryptocurrency among investors in Turkey as of March 2022?
Key Topics Covered:
Europe: UK, Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland, Turkey
- Cryptocurrency Market Overview, incl. "Crypto Winter", December 2022
- Share of General Knowledge About Cryptocurrency, by Country, in % of Respondents, June 2022
- Share of Respondents Who Made a Crypto Investment, by Channels Used for Making an Investment, in %, June 2022
- Share of Households Who Might Own Cryptocurrency, in %, 2021
- Share of Consumers Who Believe Cryptocurrency is the Future of Money, in %, February 2022
- Breakdown of Crypto Asset Owners Who Are Likely to Change Their Crypto Asset Portfolio Over the Next 12 Months, in %, H1 2022
- Share of Crypto Asset Owners Who Are Likely to Change Their Crypto Asset Portfolio Over the Next 12 Months, by Age, in %, H1 2022
- Breakdown of Planned Activities With Crypto Asset Holdings, in % of Crypto asset owners, H1 2022
- Share of Most Owned Cryptocurrencies, in % of Crypto-owners, April 2022
- Share of Respondents Who Currently Do Not Hold Cryptocurrency, in %, H1 2022
- Top Reasons for Not Owning Cryptocurrency, in % of Respondents without Crypto Holdings, H1 2022
- Cryptocurrency Market Overview and Trends
- Share Of Institutional Investors Who Invested in Digital Assets, in %, June 2022
- Share of Institutional Investors Having a Positive Perception of Digital Assets, in %, 2021 vs June 2022
- Share of Institutional Investors Who Found the Concept of Exchange-Traded Fund Bitcoin Appealing, by Regions, in %, June 2022
- Breakdown of Crypto-Owners Who Bought Cryptocurrency for the First Time in 2021 vs Who Bought it Earlier, in %, February 2022
- Breakdown of Respondents Who Are Crypto-Curious, by Gender, in %, February 2022
- Share of Top Barriers That Hinder the Purchase of Cryptocurrency, by Regions, in % of Respondents, February 2022
- Cryptocurrency Adoption and Ownership, by Country, in % of Crypto Owners, 2021
- Share Of Cryptocurrency Owners Who Buy and Hold Cryptocurrency for It's Long-Term Investment Potential, in %, February 2022
- Cryptocurrency Transaction Value, in USD billion, 2018-2023f
- Total Number of Cryptocurrency Owners, in millions, January 2022 - December 2022
- Total Number of Ethereum Owners, in millions, January 2022 - December 2022
- Total Number of Bitcoin Owners, in millions, January 2022 - December 2022
- Total Number of Cryptocurrency Owners, by Regions, in millions, 2023e
- Share of Merchants Who Currently Accept Cryptocurrency As a Form Of Payment, in %, March 2022
- Share of Merchants Who Plan To Adopt More Crypto Innovations in the Next 12 Months, in %, March 2022
- Share of Merchants Who Plan To Make Innovations Related To Accepting Cryptocurrency in the Next 12 Months, in %, March 2022
- Breakdown of Businesses With Plans for Making Innovations Related to Accepting Cryptocurrency, by Current Acceptance Status, in %, March 2022
- Share of Finance Executives Who Believe Holding Bitcoin is a Financial Risk Due to Its Volatility, in %, 2021
- Fall in the Value of Cryptocurrencies, by Type, in %, October 2021
- Breakdown of Crypto ATMs That Offer Buy Only Services vs That Offer Both Buy and Sell Services, in %, September 2022
- Total Number of ATMs Supporting Different Cryptocurrencies, September 2022
- Breakdown of Crypto ATM Manufacturer Share, in %, September 2022
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes
- Asian Bank
- Goldman Sachs
- JPMorgan Chase
- Morgan Stanley
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Wells Fargo
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/g85hs1
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900