DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Blockchain: Secure Payment and Settlement" conference has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Blockchain (or Distributed Ledger Technology - DLT) has captured the attention of many in the financial sector and recently more of those active in payment, clearing and settlement, mainly because of its promise of efficiency and resilience.
Central banks and other authorities are reviewing and analysing the use of this technology for payment, clearing and settlement. Practitioners and thought leaders at this conference help to understand the uses of DLT and, in doing so, identify both the opportunities and challenges associated with this technology in the context of many B2B, B2C, C2C and C2B settlements.
Although DLT bears promise, there is still a long way to go before that promise is fully realised. Much work is needed to ensure that the legal underpinnings of DLT arrangements are sound.
Benefits: Speed of end-to-end processing; Cost of processing; Speed and transparency in transactions; Efficiency gains from automated instant and paperless contract tools.
Uncertainties still to be refined and resolved: Operational and security risk; Settlement issues; Legal risk; Governance; Data management and protection; Potential broader financial market implications.
Blockchain & Payments - How can blockchain revolutionise payments and transactions for businesses, governments and individuals?
- Aaron Greatbanks, Investment Actuary and UK Blockchain Community of Interest Leader, PwC
- Blockchain based payment structures combined with various forms of digital currencies can cut costs, improve transparency and increase the speed of transactions. This has implications for businesses, individuals and governments, whilst presenting an opportunity to optimise key industries and encourage financial inclusion. In my presentation I will explore how.
Understanding The Blockchain Markets
Digital Exchanges - Digital Tokens, Fiat And Stable Currency And Their Exact Value
- Economics of Cryptocurrencies and the monetary implications of Central Bank or Private issued Digital Currencies for states, investors, individuals, and businesses
- Athanasios T. Ladopoulos, CIO of LAPO BLOCKCHAIN (Lapo.io) and founder of MOOCTORS (mooctors.com)
- For people, enterprises, and IOT who want to complete their daily financial transactions fast, effortlessly, and at a fraction of current cost, LAPO provides the Universal Currency. Unlike other Cryptocurrencies LAPO's Universal Currency aims to be a true digital currency. It is backed by gold with a mechanism that absorbs and converts volatility into gold and equate its price to its Book Value. LAPO is committed to innovation by making a positive impact to people's lives and considers the impact the Universal Currency will have in the world.
Smart Contract Management And Security
Blockchain From The Investor's Perspective
Investing in Cryptocurrencies, Utility Settlement Coins, Stable Coin, Non Bankable Assets Tokenisation
Blockchain Technology For Banks
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/c0b1fa
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900