Event Features Cyber All Stars Including Gen. Nakasone and DNI Haines
WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--#5G--The Hon. Jen Easterly, Director, CISA, is confirmed to speak at the 14th Annual Billington CyberSecurity Summit being held September 5-8, 2023 at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C. Easterly is part of an elite group of government and industry cyber executives that will be exploring the theme: Advancing Cybersecurity's Impact in an Age of Heightened Risk.
“We are excited to have Director Easterly share her expertise as she has tremendous responsibility for guiding our nation’s cyber response,” said Thomas K. Billington, CEO and Founder, Billington CyberSecurity, a leading cyber education company for executives founded in 2010. “The summit is a platform for helping to coalesce the cyber community that is tasked with defending the nation against cyberattacks. Hearing from our government leaders is important way that they can learn and connect.”
Easterly will participate in a Fireside Chat, one-on-one discussions. She will share how CISA is managing a host of new authorities, responsibilities, and funding to lead the Federal Government, U.S. critical infrastructure, and overall efforts to improve the nation’s collective cyber defense posture.
The four-day event is expected to draw nearly 2,000 attendees and over 200 speakers. Speakers span government, military, nonprofits, industry, and academia and discuss the hottest cyber trends and issues during more than 40 sessions. Fireside Chats are scheduled throughout the summit. In addition to Easterly, other headliners include:
- U.S. Army Gen. Paul M. Nakasone, Commander, United States Cyber Command, Director, National Security Agency/Chief, Central Security Service
- Hon. Avril Haines, Director of National Intelligence
- Hon. Anne Neuberger, Deputy National Security Advisor for Cyber and Emerging Technology, Office of the National Security Advisor, Executive Office of the President
- Kemba Walden, Acting National Cyber Director, Executive Office of the President
- Lt. Gen. Robert Skinner, Director, DISA, Commander, JFHQ-DODIN
- Hon. John Sherman, CIO, U.S. Department of Defense
- Ambassador-at-Large Nathaniel Fick, Bureau of Cyberspace and Digital Policy, U.S. Department of State
Beyond Fireside Chats, the summit—which is designed to address the nation’s pressing cyber needs—includes panel discussions, breakout sessions, and awards. The summit has five tracks: Zero Trust & Data, Critical Infrastructure, Zero Trust & Identity, Cyber Workforce, and Emerging Tech and includes topics such as:
- Implementing the White House Cyber Strategy
- Executing Zero Trust across the DOD and Federal Civilian Agencies
- The Role of Upcoming Legislation in Cybersecurity
- International Cybersecurity Partnerships
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Protecting Our Healthcare, Energy Grid and State/Local/Tribal Cyber Systems
Attendees can receive continuing education credit from CompTIA and (ISC)2. Learn more or register at https://billingtoncybersummit.com/. Presented by over 70 sponsors, led by Lead Underwriters: Amazon Web Services, CISCO, Raytheon Intelligence & Space, Knowledge Partner Booz Allen, Cyber Innovation Partner Leidos, Cyber Strategy Partner GDIT, Identity and Zero Trust Partner Microsoft, and Government IT Solutions Partner Carahsoft Technology Corp.
Shawn Flaherty, 703-554-3609