- Fluree welcomes a world-class group of advisory board members- all of whom are technical and business experts leading the path to exceptional data management infrastructures.
- This team of technologists and strategic business advisors with unparalleled real-world experience will work to build inroads for Fluree’s product-market fit and advise Fluree as the company continues to build partnerships and deliver outstanding data management solutions to its customers
- By joining together with this diverse group of industry professionals, Fluree has more resources to fulfill its mission of helping organizations become more data-centric.
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--#Application--Fluree, a company headquartered in Winston-Salem, N.C., which has developed a graph ledger database and data pipeline toolset for trusted-, interoperable-, secure-data management and sharing, today announced the appointment of several new advisory board members poised to lead the company’s strategic expansion.
Fluree is thrilled to partner with this world-class group of professionals, all of whom are technical and business experts leading the path to exceptional data management infrastructures. The new board members include:
- Julia Bardmesser: With over 30 years of experience, Bardmesser has led transformational initiatives in many financial services companies such as Voya Financial, Deutsche Bank Citi, FINRA, Freddie Mac and others. She is now CEO of Data4Real LLC and chair of the technology advisory council of Women Leaders In Data & AI (WLDA).
- Robert Grossman: A renowned expert in the medical field, Grossman is a University of Chicago professor of medicine and computer science and chief of the University of Chicago’s section of biomedical data science in the department of medicine. Grossman is also the founder of Analytic Strategy Partners and is the principal investigator for the Genomic Data Commons, one of the largest collections of harmonized cancer genomics data in the world. He also chairs the Open Commons Consortium (OCC), a nonprofit that manages cloud computing infrastructure to support scientific, medical, health care and environmental research.
- Sudeep Nadkarni: An established leader in working with business products that leverage web3.0 technologies, Nadkarni is the founder of DataStraits Inc. and chief revenue officer of 3i Infotech Ltd. He has worked with high-tech product firms for decades with outcomes including one IPO and three $1B+ exits.
- Mark Silverman: With extensive experience in the financial sector, Silverman has prior work experience in over 30 countries at companies including at MasterCard, IBM/PwC, Kearney, BBVA and Citibank. Silverman led the rescue of Banco del Progreso in the Dominican Republic culminating with its acquisition by Scotiabank. He also founded Alberdi Advisory Corporation and is now a senior advisor, board member and strategic investor with companies including the Marco Polo Exchange.
As previously announced, Fluree named Peter Serenita the inaugural member of this advisory board late last year. Serenita, former CDO of JPMorgan, HSBC and Scotiabank, chairs the Enterprise Data Management Council, the leading global association of Chief Data Officers and IT executives. The council advocates for data-standard, best-practice and training and certification development and implementation. It is the leading global industry association of chief data officers and IT executives. OnConferences named Serenita the Data & Analytics Professional of the Year in January 2021.
Together, this team of technologists with unparalleled real-world experience will work to build inroads for Fluree’s product-market fit and advise on best practices in approaching new markets. Their collective experiences will greatly contribute to Fluree’s decision-making as the company continues to build partnerships and deliver outstanding data management solutions to its customers.
“Fluree has built a strong community around its data-centric message and technology, and this new advisory board brings the breadth of experience that showcases the possibilities of this type of work in practice and underscores the opportunities for the company to build new strategic partnerships,” said Fluree CEO Brian Platz. “This panel of experts will ultimately guide our team on building the best products that will meet the evolving needs of our customers.”
This advisory board will propel Fluree’s work ahead as the company builds a better data infrastructure for modern enterprises. By joining together with this diverse group of industry professionals, Fluree has more resources to fulfill its mission of helping organizations become more data-centric.
“Working with Fluree is exciting,” said Silverman, head of the advisory board. “They are harnessing the potential of data and enabling companies and governments to make sense of data archived or used in multiple, disparate systems. I’m thrilled to be part of Fluree’s advisory board to provide business solutions for identifying unique users and permissions all without creating huge data infrastructures.”
Fluree’s merger with ZettaLabs, announced in September, has already expanded the company’s offerings, particularly in data management, and positioned the company well for rapid expansion next year in the global data management market. Fluree’s products include its secure graph ledger database product Fluree Core, perfect for new projects that need digital trust and distributed data collaboration. For companies steeped in legacy infrastructure grappling with disparate data sets, data silos and outdated data-governance systems, Fluree’s product Fluree Sense will guide them toward a modern data architecture.
The company continues its mission of building data-centric infrastructure for its customers, enabling the power of digital trust for new applications in verifiable credentials, enterprise data sharing and decentralized-data management. Fluree also continues to assist enterprise organizations in data transformation journeys for upgrading legacy infrastructure into collaborative modern data platforms. The company seeks to help all its customers by providing data-centric architecture that simplifies governance, consolidates security and provides secure access to clean and linked data for a diverse range of data consumers.
To learn more about Fluree, please go to https://flur.ee/.
Co-founded in 2016 by CEO Brian Platz and Executive Chairman Flip Filipowski, Fluree PBC is headquartered in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Fluree is pioneering a data-first technology approach with its Web3 data management platform and AI-powered data-transformation pipeline. It guarantees data integrity, facilitates secure data sharing and powers data-driven insights. The Fluree platform organizes blockchain-secured data in a scalable semantic graph database — establishing a foundational layer of trusted data for connected and secure data ecosystems. The company’s foundation is a set of W3C semantic web standards that facilitate trusted data interoperability. Fluree currently employs 50. For more information, follow Fluree on Twitter or LinkedIn, or visit flur.ee.