Hyderabad, July 11, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- According to a new market research report titled “Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) Market Report (2023-2028),” the market is estimated at USD 41.82 billion in 2023. It is expected to register a CAGR of 32.70% during the forecast period.
A GPU is a programmable logic chip, that along with general computing purposes, is utilized for rendering images, animations, and videos. The deployment of GPUs in personal computers, laptops, and emerging applications, such as AR/VR, high-performance computing, AI, ML, blockchain, cryptocurrency mining, autonomous driving, and navigation (vehicles, robotics), is also boosting the requirement for advancement in GPU technology. The requirement for high-end computing devices and gaming console effects has surged in recent years. Therefore, investing in a graphics add-in board is beneficial for micro-processing companies, as GPU forms a fundamental component of the finished product.
|Report Attribute|| Details|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 41.82 billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 172.08 billion|
|Forecast Units||Value (USD billion)|
|Fastest Growing Market||North America|
|Report Scope||Market Dynamics, Revenue Forecast and Segmentation, Competitive Landscape and Recent Developments, Market Growth, Future Opportunities, and Trends|
|Key Market Drivers||Increasing demands for high-end computing devices and gaming consoles.|
|The proliferation of the cloud in various end-user sectors.|
Who are the Top Companies in the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) Market?
The global graphics processing unit (GPU) market is highly consolidated with limited players. Market occupants are spending huge capital on R&D to gain market shares in several end-user segments. Companies are also adopting strategies such as partnerships, innovations, and mergers and acquisitions to develop their product offerings and obtain sustainable competitive advantage.
The significant players holding the GPU market are:
- Intel Corporation
- Advanced Micro Devices Inc.
- Nvidia Corporation
- Imagination Technologies Group
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
- Arm Limited (Soft Bank Group)
- EVGA Corporation
- SAPPHIRE Technology Limited
- Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
Other Reports That Might Be of Your Interest:
- Gaming GPU Market Report - The gaming GPU market size is expected to grow from USD 2.73 billion in 2023 to USD 11.73 billion by 2028 at a CAGR of 33.84% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Graphic Processors Market Report - The graphic processors market is expected to register a CAGR of 33.35% over the forecast period.
Key Highlights from the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) Market Report:
Servers to Lead the GPU Market Growth
- The server segment is witnessing significant growth owing to the proliferation of the cloud in various end-user sectors.
- Furthermore, GPUaaS are utilized for diverse purposes, including training multilingual AI speech engines and identifying early indicators of diabetes-related blindness. Modern GPUaaS provides a compelling alternative to traditional general-purpose processors with variable pricing and no CAPEX.
Asia-Pacific to Hold Major Share
- Various companies are either partnering or investing in Chinese start-ups or research laboratories with the help of government support. This is also termed indirect penetration in the Chinese market. For instance, China-based popular AI start-up SenseTime has a portfolio of 700 clients and partners, including the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Qualcomm.
- The expansion in the Chinese gaming industry is largely due to increasing investment in enhancing R&D capability for GPU technology. Also, independent games developed by domestic firms continue dominating market sales in China.
What are the Latest Developments in the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) Market?
- In March 2022, Imagination announced its partnership with King to authorize developers in the mobile gaming industry to innovate via combined research and development.
- In August 2022, Intel introduced Intel Data Center GPU Flex Series Arctic Sound-M for the Intelligent Visual Cloud. The Flex Series GPU is designed to meet the needs of intelligent visual cloud workloads.
Mordor Intelligence has Segmented the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) Market Based on Type, Application, and Geography:
- By Type
- Discrete GPUs
- Integrated GPUs
- By Application
- Mobile PC
- Automotive/Self-driving Vehicles
- Other Applications
- By Geography
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
In a nutshell, the Mordor Intelligence market research report is a must-read for start-ups, industry players, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are looking to understand this industry. Get a glance at the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) Market Report (2023-2028).
Mordor Intelligence constantly tracks industry trends. Some relevant market reports from the analysts that might be of interest to you:
- Photosensitive Semiconductor Device Market Report - The photosensitive semiconductor device market is expected to register a CAGR of over 9.2% during the forecast period.
- Server Microprocessor Market Report - The server microprocessor market is expected to register a CAGR of 2.1% over the forecast period.
- Americas Microprocessor Market Report - The Americas microprocessor (MPU) market was valued at USD 13.42 million last year. It is expected to record a CAGR of 7.02%, reaching USD 20.33 billion in the next five years.
About Mordor Intelligence:
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. At Mordor Intelligence, we believe in predicting butterfly effects that have the potential to change or significantly impact market dynamics.
Our market research reports are comprehensive and provide exclusive data, facts and figures, trends, and the industry’s competitive landscape.
CONTACT: Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +1 617-765-2493 Location: Hyderabad, Telangana Country: India